Struggling with what to buy your woman this Valentines?
A cheeky (but very clever) non sex related Valentines tip is to buy her things that she will either use frequently or see frequently. The reason – she’ll swoon and think of you whenever she sees/ uses it. Sorry to be brutally harsh but
• Flowers – die
• Chocolates – get eaten and make us ‘fat’
• Perfume…. A little better, but she can get that herself. It’s almost an essential thing for us women and more of a practical gift that says ‘oh shit, I didn’t know what else to get’ rather than ‘I’ve been really thoughtful and got you something you never expected’. You may also buy her what she already has (playing it safe) or one that she doesn’t like (risky…and expensive)
And all, if I’m being brutally honest, are quite unimaginative and boring (sorry! But there’s no point in sugar coating it, right!?) I’m not saying don’t buy her any of these typical Valentines presents, but just don’t make it the main gift.
Now all women are different and some probably want to be showered with designer gifts and expensive jewellery, if that sums up your woman – good luck with that one! But the majority of women that I know and teach all want the same thing…
They want their man to show they care, to show they listen and to show they pay attention to the things they like. What does this mean for you?
It means you can make your woman ecstatically happy without breaking the bank and without buying her something that millions of other women will get this Valentines.
Some ideas for you:
• A nice frame with a sentimental picture of you both. Have you been away together or can you recall really memorable or meaningful moment you captured on camera?
• A Valentine’s love letter. Now this may sound cheesy but I’m telling you – women love it! You may tell her you love her and that you think she’s beautiful and sexy but having it written, in ink, on a nice piece of paper, in a nice envelope makes a MASSIVE difference!
• You could do a little Valentine’s treasure hunt around the house. Yes this may take an hour or two of effort but so will trawling through shops looking for a suitable gift. The clues could be memories you’ve had together (that lead to the next clue) and every time she gets it right you could have wrapped a cute little treat or gift. Again, doesn’t have to be expensive. It really is the thought that counts with this.
• How about getting some card, cutting it down into squares/ hearts or any other shape and then writing ’10 things I love about you’, one on each card. You could do more than 10 if you like! Make them really personal things. Qualities that she has and cute little personality traits that make you love her. Hand write them too. Put them in a nice box, wrap it up and hey presto – you have a really sweet, thoughtful Valentines pressie that she will brag about for years! Major man points for that one.
Personalised Valentines gifts are always good as it means you actually went to a bit of effort to make/ get it for her. It also means no other woman has that gift and the truth is, women love that kind of thing.
Whatever you choose to buy her this Valentines try to make it original, personal and thoughtful.